Published on June 5th, 2018 | by Chuck5
[NJ] Columbia Bank $500 Checking Account Bonus
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $500
- Availability: Must live or work in the State of New Jersey (account can be opened online)
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: Bill Payment
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes
- Credit card funding: Up to $500
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: Account must be open at time of bonus posting
- Household limit: None listed
- Expiration date: None listed
Open a new Columbia Bank Yield Plus Checking and receive up to $500 in bonuses, as follows:
- $200 just for opening the account
- $200 for receiving a qualifying direct deposit within 60 days of account opening
- $100 for making a bill payment within 60 days of account opening
The high-yield interest isn’t interesting since there are lots of accounts with better rates and without the required minimums.
The Fine Print
- This offer applies to new consumer accounts only. New money only.
- If you open a new Yield Plus Checking account with funds that are not already on deposit with Columbia Bank, you will receive a $200 cash credit to your Yield Plus checking account within 100 days from account opening. You are permitted to receive only one account opening cash bonus irrespective of the number of accounts you open.
- You will receive a $200 cash credit to your Yield Plus checking account after we have seen that a qualifying direct deposit transaction has been posted to your Yield Plus account within 60 days after the date you opened the account. Only one $200 credit will be made in total for qualifying direct deposit activity to this account within the first 60 days of account opening. You are permitted to receive only one of these bonuses irrespective of the number of accounts you open.
- You will receive a $100 cash credit to your Yield Plus checking account after we have seen that a Columbia Bank online bill payment transaction was debited from your Yield Plus checking account. The debit has to occur within 60 days after the date you opened the account. Only one $100 credit will be made in total for the Columbia Bank online banking bill payment activity. You are permitted to receive only one of these bonuses irrespective of the number of accounts you open.
- To receive any of the aforementioned bonuses, the account must still be open at the time we are ready to credit the funds and at all times the account was in good standing.
- The cash bonuses will be reported as interest to the IRS on form 1099-INT.
There is no monthly fees on this account.
No early termination fee is mentioned either, thought the account must be open at the time of bonus posting.