Published on November 27th, 2016 | by William Charles392
[Expired] TD Bank $100 Or $200 Checking Bonus [CT, DC, DE, FL, MD, ME, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, & VA]
$300 bonus has been reduced to only $200. $150 bonus also reduced to $100
[9/10/16: This offer is back again.]
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $200
- Availability: CT, DC, DE, FL, MD, ME, MA, NC, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VT, & VA only.
- Direct deposit required: Yes, $500+ or $150 bonus or $2,500 for $200 bonus
- Additional requirements: None
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $300
- Monthly fees: Up to $25, waive-able
- Early account termination fee: None
- Expiration date: Unknown
- TD Bank is offering two different sign up bonuses of $100 or $200 depending on the bonus, they are as follows:
- Open a TD Conveience checking account and receive direct deposits totaling $500 or more and earn $100
- Open a TD Premier checking account and receive direct deposits totaling $2,500 or more and earn $200
The Fine Print
- Qualifying direct deposits are recurring electronic deposits of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your Employer or the Government. Person-to-Person and bank transfers between your TD Bank accounts or accounts you have at other financial institutions or brokerages do not qualify.
- Offer is available to new personal checking Customers who do not have an existing or prior personal checking account at TD Bank, open their account online via this web page and complete the required qualifying criteria.
- $200 bonus offer available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Premier CheckingSM account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $2,500 or more into the new account within 60 days of account opening.
- $100 bonus available to eligible new personal checking Customers when opening a TD Convenience CheckingSM account with cumulative direct deposit funds of $500 or more into the new account within 60 days of account opening.
- Once the offer criteria is met, the bonus will be credited into the new personal checking account no later than 95 days from account opening. Account must remain open, active, in good standing, and in the same product type through the qualifying period to receive the bonus.
- Bonus will be reported as taxable income to the IRS on a 1099-MISC.
- Offer may be withdrawn at any time and is subject to change.
- One bonus per Customer and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- TD Bank employees and Canadian cross-border banking Customers are not eligible
TD Convenience Checking $15 Monthly Fee
This is waived if you have a minimum daily balance of $100
TD Premier Checking $25 Monthly Fee
This is waived if you have a minimum daily balance of $2,500
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this comment no early account termination fee.
In their online fee schedule, there is no mention of an early account termination fee. Whereas on this help page they say there is an early account termination fee of $15 if you close the account within 90 days. That page does redirect to the Canadian site so that may be the difference. In any case, we’ll be cautious and say to keep the account for 90 days before closing.
It’s not much harder to meet the requirements for the $200 offer (or to keep it fee free) so I’d strongly recommend everybody go for that offer rather than the $100 offer available. TD Bank usually offers a free item for sign up (valued at less than $150) or a $150 bonus when they open a new branch, so this is significantly better than those offers. Only problem is we don’t really know what will trigger the direct deposit requirement.
All that being said, this is definitely one of the better bank account bonuses available at the moment, if I lived in the target area I’d definitely be signing up for this. We’ve added this to our list of the best bank account bonuses currently available.
Update: If you run into an issue with them being unable to verify your identity try using your passport instead of your drivers license.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
Hat tip to reader Brian K